CenturyLink email is one of the services provided by CenturyLink Inc to its customers to subscribe to their services. Using the CenturyLink email, you can subscribe and access television cable and their internet services as well. CenturyLink has two websites assessable to their customers. CenturyLink.com is one of them. This website mostly contains information regarding CenturyLink. The second website is CenturyLink.net which is a subscription website.
Sometimes, your CenturyLink email can act a bit problematic. The errors can range from freezing accounts to login issues, configuration settings mismatch, and much more. These
CenturyLink email issues can occur anytime when you are trying to do your CenturyLink email login. the reason behind these issues can either be one or more than one. However, today we are going to provide you with several possible solutions to this error.
Reasons behind CenturyLink email login issues
As mentioned above, there is no determining reason behind these errors, it can happen for more than one reason. Some of the errors are very easy to troubleshoot, yet, some can cause a severe headache. A list of some major reasons:
- CenturyLink storage problems
CenturyLink provides its users with a total in-built storage of 15GB and an email size of 20MB. When this storage gets exhausted, you can start facing login and email-related issues.
- Sending Limit to Contacts is up to 100 Contacts at the same time.
- Webmail Send Limit is up to 100 / hour.
- SMTP Send Limit is up to 500 / hour.
- IP Based Send Limit is up to 50 / 5 Minutes.
- Configuration system mishap
It is also possible that there may be some issue with your configuration or that your configuration settings are not correct. Configuration of your CenturyLink servers helps in the inflow and outflow of your emails. If you do not have the correct CenturyLink configuration settings, then you may end up facing the CenturyLink webmail login errors.
There is a very possibility of your laptop being infected with a virus or malware software. This can cause your CenturyLink email to crash when doing a login. Hence, causing you to experience a very annoying situation.
You can get these viruses through emails or spam emails you receive through your mailbox.
Also, an antivirus too can prove to bring issues to the doors of your CenturyLink webmail. The antivirus can build firewalls that can limit the flow of data. Thus, resulting in the CenturyLink errors.
Methods to solve the CenturyLink email issues
There are various ways to solve the CenturyLink email related problems. All of the possible methods are covered down below:
Correct CenturyLink configuration settings
When your configuration settings are all puzzled up, it causes various problems like login issues and stops the flow of emails. Here is how to correct the configuration settings:
CenturyLink Incoming Mail Server configuration
- Username – write in your complete CenturyLink email ID with the right domain
- Password – provide your webmail password
- Server – pop.centurylink.net
- Port – 993
- Security – SSL/TLS
A CenturyLink outgoing mail server configuration
- Username – enter your complete email ID with the correct domain name.
- Password – write your password associated with your CenturyLink webmail account
- Server – smtp.centurylink.net
- Port – 587 / 465 (select according to availability)
- Security – SSL/TLS
Remove or delete your Spam and Junk mail
When your CenturyLink webmail is filled with junk and spam, it can fill up the storage space which can prove to be hazardous for your email.
The junk should be cleared for many reasons:
- To avoid the risk of filling up your storage space.
- The spam and junk mail may contain viruses and malware software which can increase the risk of your data and system files getting corrupted.
Read More :- Free Guest post Site