The body’s thyroid gland is shaped like a butterfly. It is located in the front of the neck, near the Adam’s apple’s lower portion. On normal days, a person has a normal-shaped thyroid. However, it can be felt and may cause problems.
Yoga is not a form of exercise, but a spiritual discipline. Yoga is an ancient Sanskrit term that derives its name from “Yoke”, which in Sanskrit means to unify and “Yuj”, which roughly translates as to join. Yoga is the union or unification of the physical and the spiritual.
There are many types of yoga, and each one has its own benefits and uses. Yoga can improve your quality of life and treat internal and external diseases. You can achieve harmony between your mind and body by practicing yoga at the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
Does Yoga treat or cure thyroid disease?
Thyroid imbalance is a common problem in our modern world due to the connection between stress and hypothyroidism. Numerous studies and research have proven that yoga can be used to treat thyroid problems. Yoga can be used to maintain a healthy thyroid.
5 Yoga poses that help with Thyroid
This article will explain how yoga can be used to treat thyroid disorders. We will discuss few yoga poses that can be used to treat any type of thyroid disorder, including overactive and underactive. These yoga poses can be used to improve the thyroid gland’s performance over time.
These are the five yoga poses that can be used to treat thyroid problems:
Halasana, also known as the “Plow Pose”:
- The Halasana, also known as the Plow Pose, is known for stimulating the thyroid and improving blood flow. The halasana and plow poses can be performed as follows:
- Place your palms on the ground, and then lie down on the yoga mat.
- Place your arms flat on the ground and support your back with your palms. Then, raise your legs 90 degrees.
- Then, hold the pose for a second time and do the same.
You can even perform halasana with pillows as support. This asana is particularly beneficial for the thyroid because it reduces stress and improves blood circulation.
Matsyasana, or the Fish Pose:
- The Matsyasana, or the fish pose, is a common yoga asana with many benefits. These are the steps to perform Matsyasana, or the fish pose.
- Place your legs together and extend them on the yoga mat or floor.
- Place your hands under your buttock.
- Next, raise your head and lift your upper body up.
- After that, lower your head and keep your upper body elevated.
- For a while, you can repeat the yoga pose.
Matsyasana, or the fish pose, is well-known for its ability to ease back pains and other body problems. This helps relieve stress and improves thyroid function. During this asana, the thyroid is stimulated and improved.
Chakravakasana, also known as the Cat-cow Pose:
- The Cat-cow is an asana that can help to heal the thyroid. It’s fluid and flexible. You can perform the yoga asana, also known as the Chakravakasana, as follows:
- Place your hands on the yoga mat and stand with your knees bent.
- This is the all-four position, where your knees and palms touch the ground.
- Next, raise your head towards the ceiling and lookup.
- Next, lower your head and do the same pose again.
Chakravaksana, or the Cat-cow position, is well-known for stimulating and activating various chakra points in your body. This stimulates and activates the body’s chakra points, which in turn increases energy levels and reduces stress. All of this stimulates the thyroid gland and prompts it to function efficiently by curing or under activism.
Naukasana, Navasana, or the Boat Pose:
- Another well-known and popular yoga pose is the Boat Pose. This asana is also known as the Naukasana or Navasana. It can be experienced at the 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh. These are the steps to perform the boat pose:
- Sitting on the yoga mat or floor, extend your legs straight up.
- Slowly lean your upper body forward while maintaining your spine and back straight.
- Next, lift your legs up while reaching for your hands.
- This will create a “V” shape.
- Repeat the exercise several times.
You can control your breathing by using Naukasana, or the boat pose. This asana ensures that all organs and glands get the oxygen they need. This helps the thyroid gland stay healthy and functioning well.
Bhujangasana, also known as the Cobra Pose:
- Cobra Pose is widely used and has many benefits. This asana is named after the cobra, which when performed looks deadly. The bhujangasana can be performed in the following:
- First, lie down face-down on your stomach on a yoga mat or floor.
- Next, join your legs together. Then bring your palms up to the floor.
- Now lift your upper body up and gaze at the ceiling.
- Keep the asana in place for a while, then release it.
This asana has many benefits for the thyroid gland. It helps to stimulate the gland and keeps it healthy. This asana stimulates the gland gently and relieves stress. This asana or yoga position can be used over time to not only treat thyroid problems but also prevent other thyroid disorders.
Above mentioned are some of the yoga asanas or poses that will keep your body mentally healthy and physically strong with also the power of curing many diseases and one of which is the thyroid problem. Consistent practice of yoga asana has seen that it has cured many health-related issues in many people.
Many of them after this pandemic has added the yoga asana in their daily lifestyle routine so that it will not only help them during these tough times but also help them to fight many diseases that are going on in our surroundings.
If you are the one who is facing the problem of the thyroid gland then you must differently have to include yoga asana in your lifestyle and this will not cure the disease all of sudden but if you place daily then for sure it will bring a result in your life.
Related Blog: Which is Better? Online or In-Person Yoga Training