Most of us can’t imagine life without on-demand food delivery app development. With today’s fast-paced lifestyle, it looks like ordering foods and eating them at home is significantly more convenient than eating them out. Since last year, the demand for food delivery apps like UberEats, Grubhub, and Grab (Southeast Asia) has grown even more. Because of the lockdown and limitations, individuals are unable to eat in restaurants and eateries.
Suppose you’re one of the bold and hopeful digital food entrepreneurs who’s thinking about creating a Grubhub or UberEats-style app. In this situation, you’ll need to be familiar with UberEats business strategy and easy development stages, as well as the estimated cost of such an app.
1. Why Invest in Food Delivery App Development?
Nonetheless, the food delivery business is flourishing. Because they’ve developed apps that let users order meals and have them delivered to their doorstep. People can have delicious meals in the comfort of their own homes without having to dress up and head out to restaurants.
- By 2022, restaurants that do not provide online food delivery would have lost more than 70% of their customers.
- This market is expected to grow at a 9.9% annual pace by 2024, resulting in a market volume of US$182,327 million.
- The Platform-to-Consumer Delivery category accounts for the majority of overall online food delivery revenue, with a market volume of US$79,608 million in 2019.
- The market for Restaurant-to-Consumer Delivery is expected to be valued US$71,918 million in 2022, growing to US$85,463 million in 2024.
2. How Does On-Demand Food Delivery App Work?
It’s critical to understand that there are three different food delivery apps, each with its unique set of functions and capabilities. To summarise, they’re all designed to make meal delivery as painless as possible.
- App users look through the app’s meal menu.
- After selecting their preferred food, the consumer places an order.
- The user makes the final payment when the order has been validated.
- The user can keep track of the delivery’s date, time, and location.
- After getting the last order, the user can choose to rate the food and service.
- The Restaurant App/Admin Panel: This web-based platform’s admin interface allows a restaurant owner to handle and manage delivery orders.
- They receive an order and decide whether or not to accept it. The restaurant allocates personnel to prepare the order once it has been confirmed.
- While preparing the food, the restaurant observes nearby delivery boys and allocates the food to delivery.
- A list of completed deliveries is also available to the eatery.
- Finally, pay the delivery man and oversee activities.
3. Key Features of Food Delivery Apps Development
The app’s must-have features vary depending on the user’s role. The sections below detail the features of the customer app, restaurant app, and courier app.
The Customer App
Consumers prefer to eat at home and expect high-quality meals similar to those found in restaurants. As a result, the app should provide a list of as many neighboring restaurants as possible.
The Driver App
The goal of the delivery person app is to increase the number of delivery requests. It entails making cross-interface capabilities accessible to couriers with ease. Independent courier apps should make it easy to track orders, select those that are close by, and provide the fastest delivery and payment processing possible.
The Restaurant App & Admin panel
The authorised staff of the restaurant or food delivery service is introduced in the admin app. According to its scope of functions, it collects customer orders, dispatches orders, processes payments, tracks orders, and develops logistics.
When a restaurant chooses this business model, it gains entire control over the process, from updating restaurant information to monitoring feedback channels.
How Do Food Delivery Apps Generate Revenue?
Food delivery services can profit from a variety of sources. You can make money in particular by performing the following:
- Setting fixed commission rates
- Engaging in restaurant promotion
- Charging delivery fee.
We’ve given a list of UberEats’ current revenue-generating strategies to demonstrate this:
- Depending on the distance between clients and restaurants, delivery costs range from $2 to $8 per order.
- Each order accepted by UberEats is subject to a service fee ranging from 15% to 40%.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Food Delivery App on Demand?
Labor costs are an important consideration that has a substantial impact on development costs. Labor costs differ by country and region. Developers often charge between $70 and $250 per hour in the United States and the United Kingdom, for example.
However, in Vietnam, where seasoned mobile app developers can be found for as little as $20 to $50 per hour, this hourly pricing is extremely realistic. As a result, Vietnam is undoubtedly the most cost-effective alternative in terms of labor prices.
Food delivery services are continuously changing, resulting in an increase in demand for food delivery apps. Food delivery apps give businesses, consumers, and courier services in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and the Middle East a choice of ways to connect with customers.
Home cooking is losing ground to the growing number of delivery companies, and a growing number of customers prefer the idea of contacting a local restaurant via a meal delivery app. Our organisation provides one-of-a-kind on-demand food delivery app development solutions to improve and enhance the client experience.