Brother printer not Connecting to wifi
This article will explain why brother printer not connecting to wifi wireless network. We will then explain how to connect your Brother printer to your WiFi network using Windows and Mac devices. Is your brother’s printer not connecting to wifi and losing the connections often? You can always follow the basic troubleshooting steps as available on the website.
Also, start by checking the wifi network details that you are using. Make sure the password that you enter is correct. If you still face issues accessing your printer device, you can reach out to the team at our end for help. Use the toll-free helplines to do so.
Wireless printing from Brother printers requires that you connect your computer and printer to the same WiFi network.
How do I connect my Brother Printer to the WiFi Network?
- First, turn on the WiFi router. Next, place your printer in the WiFi network range.
- Connect the power cord to Brother’s printer to an electric socket, and then turn it on.
- Next, click on the “Menu” button on your Brother printer.
- Use the up-and-down arrow keys to select “Network” and then click the “OK” button.
- Click on the up/down arrow keys to select “WLAN”, and then click on “OK”.
- Click on “OK” to select the “Setup Wizard” option using the Up and Down keys.
- Once you see the “WiFi enabled” option, click “Yes”. The Brother printer will now automatically search for the wireless network in the list.
- Click “OK” to select your WiFi network name from this list.
- It will then ask you for your WiFi password. Next, it will ask for your WiFi password.
- This completes the process of connecting Brother printers to the WiFi network.
Follow these steps to connect your Brother printer with the WiFi network.
Connect Brother Wireless (WiFi), Printer to Windows Computer
Below is the answer to your question ” How can I connect my Brother wireless printer with a Windows laptop or computer?”
- First, turn on the Brother printer. Next, connect the Brother printer to your WiFi network using the steps in this section.
- Then, visit the website https://www.brother-usa.com/brother-support to download the printer drivers for your Windows computer. For more information about the, click here.
- After you are done with the installation, move on to the next step.
- Next, open the “Run Command” menu from Windows’s start menu. Type “Control Panel” into the dialogue box. Click on “OK”.
- Select the “Device and printer” option from the control panel
- Next, click on the “Add printer”, then choose your Brother printer from the drop-down list and click “Next”.
- Allow your setup to take a while.
- Finally, a connection was established between your Brother wireless printer (or your Windows computer).
Connect Brother Printer on Windows Computer with USB:
Follow these steps to connect Brother printer with Windows computer via a wired connection.
- Connect your Brother printer to your Windows computer using the USB cable that came with your printer.
- Next, download Brother’s driver and complete the installation process as described in the previous section.
- Finally, connect your printer to your computer via the control panel.
How To Connect Brother Wireless (WiFi), Printer To MAC
Credit by Brother official channel (How To Connect Brother Printer to Wifi).
These are the steps to connect your Brother wireless print to your MAC-
- Firstly, turn on your Mac and then download and install the Brother printer driver.
- Secondly, turn on the Brother printer and connect it to the same WiFi network with your Mac (Steps in the first section).
- After that, open the Apple Menu and press on the “System and Preferences” option.
- then, click on “Printer and scanner”
This option will allow you to view your Brother printer with an “E” mark.
- Then, click on the + sign to open the pop-up window and locate your Brother printer. Click on “Add” in the pop-up window that opens.
- These steps will allow you to connect your Brother wireless printer with your Mac.
Why my Brother’s Printer is Not Connecting to WiFi
Most often, the error “Brother printer not connecting to WIFI” is caused by poor WIFI security and weak signal problems. There are other factors that can cause this error, including
- The router is approximately 8 meters from the printer.
- The network settings are wrong
- The wireless password is invalid.
- Problem with printer firmware
- Problem with router firmware causing ‘Brother printer will not connect to WiFi error’
How do I fix a “Brother Printer Not Connecting To Wifi Network”
Reset Network Settings –
Your printer will no longer connect to WIFI if it was connected previously.
This indicates that the printer is trying connect to an old network profile, which causes the connection to fail. To fix this error, you’ll need to reset the network settings.
- Turn on your Brother printer.
- After that, press the menu/home key on your printer.
- Scroll the Network option by using the up-and-down arrow keys. To reach the touch panel, press the next button.
- Then, click on the Network Reset option.
- Finally, press the 1 or Yes buttons on the reset network popup
- After the printer has completed the network reset, it will be able to reconnect to WiFi.
Configure the wireless channels for the standard mode 9 and 11:
- Then, go to the router administration panel from your computer.
- Next, click on Wireless Settings.
- Set the wireless channel to 9 or 11, and then press the Apply Changes button.
Install the WEP encryption to protect your data:
You will need to also change the encryption type if you have changed the wireless channels.
Because some printers use Atheros-compatible adapters, this is necessary. These adapters could have issues with WPA/WP2 encryption. If you’re currently using WPA/WPA2 security, please switch to WEP 64.
These steps will help you do it quickly.
- Firstly, open your router admin panel on your device again.
- Wireless security is the best option. Choose WEP 64 bit encryption.
- After that, generate a new key to your network.
- Then, click on the Apply Settings button.
Start your printer and Wi-Fi router:
- Turn off your printer and WIFI router first.
- Then, restart the device (ie, the printer or router).
- This can be done by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
- The devices will turn green if they are on and functioning.
- Go to wireless settings, and connect the device once more.
Brother Printer Firmware Update:
You can download the firmware tool from https://support.brother.com/ or if its already installed open the tool on your windows PC and you can continue with the strategies stated below to complete the task:
Click on Administrator>click Firmware Update and confirm that the option is enabled.
Click on the “Check for new Firmware” button and then press the submit button.
- Firstly, select your Brother printer model from the available printers and click the next button.
- After that, Follow the instructions on screen.
- The Brother Printer Firmware Upgrade process will begin. This process will take approximately 15 minutes.
- After you have successfully updated the firmware, you will see a message on the screen that it has been successfully finished.
After performing the troubleshooting steps above, you can fix the Brother printer not connecting to WiFi.
This article will help you fix any printer problems. These steps will help you connect your printer to both Windows or Mac devices. If your brother printer isn’t connecting to the internet frequently, it is important to check your router’s wifi range. Get in touch with the team to learn more about how to fix the problem.