What is Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery?
Gastrointestinal operations are performed to diagnose and treat GI disorders such as gallbladder disease, colon cancers, tumours or inflammatory processes, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and others. Depending on your health, the surgery might be done as an open or as Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal surgery.
While many problems may be solved by adopting lifestyle adjustments, some illnesses require surgical procedures to be treated, and laparoscopic surgery is the ideal treatment technique because it is the least intrusive. The best stomach doctor can accurately diagnose gastrointestinal problems. Laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery necessitates a microscopic incision in the area to be performed on.
Three or more tiny (5-10 mm) incisions are created in the belly for the ports to be put inside during laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery. Through these ports, a laparoscope and surgical equipment are introduced. The stomach specialist In Lahore will then use the laparoscope to produce a picture of the inside of the abdominal organs on display, allowing the procedure to be completed.
Types of Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery
Following are some common and different types of minimally invasive laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgical procedures that the best stomach doctor uses to treat GI disorders:
- Colon and Rectal Surgery – Treats large intestinal problems such as the rectum, colon, and anus.
- Nephrectomy – The surgical removal of a damaged or malignant kidney.
- Adrenalectomy – The removal of growths in the adrenal glands located on top of the kidneys and generating hormones necessary for optimal bodily functioning.
- Foregut Surgery – Treats upper GI tract disorders such as the stomach, upper section of the small intestines, or oesophagus (the tube connecting your mouth to your stomach). Appendectomy– The stomach doctor uses this least invasive procedure to remove an infected appendix, a small outgrowth at the end of the large intestine.
- Splenectomy – This is the surgical removal of the spleen.
- Hiatal Hernia Repair – Gastroenterologist in Lahore treats hiatal hernias with this Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery. A hiatal hernia is a tiny keyhole in the diaphragm (the muscle that separates your chest from your belly) that allows the stomach or other abdominal organs to move into your chest, causing difficulties eating or breathing heartburn, or chest or abdominal discomfort.
- Bariatric surgery – The stomach specialist alters the stomach size to aid with weight loss in this surgery.
- Pancreatic Surgery – This minimally invasive procedure can be used to address a variety of pancreatic diseases.
- Cholecystectomy – Removal of the gallbladder in order to cure gallstones.
- Nissen – Treats severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), also known as gastric reflux, by strengthening the muscle that contracts to block stomach acid from reaching the oesophagus. Patients suffering from chronic acid reflux frequently report chest discomfort, a burning sensation in their throats, chests, mouth, sore throat, or difficulty swallowing.
- Retroperitoneum surgery – This laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery is specifically designed to diagnose and treat testicular cancers.
Increasing Rate of Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery
Surgical site infection (SSI) is one of the most prevalent healthcare-associated diseases, and it is the primary cause of prolonged hospitalisation, increased morbidity and mortality, and significant medical expenses. Over time, the probability of SSI linked with gastrointestinal surgery, which includes the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, colonic, and rectal surgery, has decreased. However, the magnitude of the reduction varies based on the surgical method or techniques used, and the diversity is dependent on the operative location. However, the increasing rate of laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery is correlated with a decreasing trend in surgical site infection over time, particularly in lower gastrointestinal tract surgery.
Go Extra Miles For The Treatment Of Your GI Disorders
Dr. Tahir Yunus of ALSA Pakistan is the most known and skilled stomach doctor. He has the most up-to-date and innovative instruments and procedures to diagnose you correctly and then treat your gastrointestinal diseases. In addition, with laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery, the gastroenterologist in Lahore can provide you with more optimistic solutions for your stomach and weight loss difficulties.
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair is Feasible Alternative to Open Hernia Repair
Laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery is a feasible alternative medical procedure over open surgery for hernia repair. It is because of the following reasons;
- A laparoscopic groin or hernia repair requires significantly fewer small incisions than an open hernia repair. Therefore, it’s a minimally invasive medical procedure.
- One of the most revealing achievements of this laparoscopic surgery is that you can fix the hernia defects from the two areas simultaneously through one incision without creating another one.
- This laparoscopic medical procedure allows the surgeon to work at every defective hernia component and prevent it from recurring or developing at other locations.
- This laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair necessitates general anesthesia as compared to open inguinal hernia repair. A hernia is an unusual medical condition in which fatty tissues or other organs are pushed through a minute spot in the surrounding connective tissues or muscular walls. This abnormal condition of hernia does not heal on its own. Instead, they may tend to grow in size.
If not treated timely, it may result in severe life-threatening consequences. But it does not need immediate treatment in all medical situations. The need and type of treatment for hernia depend upon the size and symptoms. If it does not show any severe symptoms, it does not require quick treatments. However, you need laparoscopic hernia surgery if you encounter some severe health discomforts. Our best Laparoscopic surgeon in Lahore is highly expert for this Laparoscopic groin or hernia repair.
Hence, we shall take a detailed look into the working principle, risks, and benefits of bariatric surgery.