Articlering! Summary: Looking for a way to convert Outlook contacts to Excel? If so, this article is for everyone who wants to know how to export contacts from Outlook to Excel, so keep reading.
As MS Outlook grows in popularity, more and more companies are using MS Outlook as their primary email client. Excel spreadsheets, on the other hand, help you manage large amounts of data.
Outlook contacts are essential to any company’s work, so it’s important to bring an Excel file. Excel programs support a variety of formats, including CSV, which saves data in tabular format. CSV files are the easiest way to share data from one program to another.
In the next article, you will learn two ways to solve the problem. One is manual and the other is an automated method chosen by top experts. Now let’s dive into the solutions section.
Manual Way to Convert Outlook Contacts to Excel
Users can usually export any contact from Outlook using the “Save As” option. However, if the user wants to export all contacts or select contacts from Outlook to Excel with the help of the import / export function. follow these steps:
- Launch and Open the MS Outlook Application on your computer
- In the menu bar, click File and select Open and Export >> Import / Export
- This will open a new Import and Export Wizard window with various options. Simply click the Export to File option, then click the Next button
- Select the Comma-separated values option from the Export to File window and click the Next button
- Then select the contacts folder from the folder list and click Next
- Then select the destination path where you want to save the Excel CSV file, give it a name, and click Next
- Click the Export Emails from Folder: Contacts checkbox and click the Finish button to easily export your Outlook contacts to an Outlook PST file
- This CSV file created in Outlook can now be easily viewed in any version of MS Excel. In addition, users can easily edit or modify this file without hassle.
Limitations Imposed by Manual Method
Following are some of the limitations imposed by the manual method when exporting Outlook contacts to Excel.
- When the manual method is practiced, field mapping takes a lot of time.
- Outlook restricts mapping fields. You can only map some fields to an Excel file, but not all fields.
- In case of Outlook crash or sudden crash, the source data files (i.e. contacts) may be corrupted. This can be avoided by using the above tools.
Automatic Solution to Convert Outlook Contacts to Excel Format
If you are looking for a way to directly import Outlook contacts in Excel file format, try vCard Export Software. It is a reliable solution to export PST contacts to CSV. This is the best solution to transfer all Outlook contacts details to Microsoft Excel. The graphical user interface of this software is very simple and can be used by all users. Non-technical users will have no problem using this program. Also, this tool supports converting Outlook contacts to CSV format with all attachments. In this way, you can transfer contacts to Outlook contacts in 2016, 2019, 2013 and earlier versions.
Trial Limitation: The free trial version of this software allows users to export only the first 15 PST contacts to CSV. If you want to export more than 15 address book lists, you will need to activate the toolkit by purchasing a free trial.
5 Steps to Export Outlook Contacts to Excel CSV Format
- Run the Software on Your System
- Click Add File and upload the Outlook contact file or folder to the software. You can also choose to allow the software to detect file locations automatically
- The app will now scan the file for errors. After this, it will give you a preview of all your contacts
- Select the contacts you want to export to a spreadsheet. Now, select the CSV format, browse to the location to save the file and click the Export button.
- A notification message confirms that the process has completed successfully. Click OK.
In the above blog, we covered how to convert PST contacts to Excel CSV without Outlook. Converting PST email to CSV without Outlook file is a difficult task but you don’t need to worry because we have shared the best solution for that. The manual method is only suitable if the user only wants to import a few files, but in some cases, there may also be a risk of data loss or corruption. Therefore, we prefer to use automatic solution. The above-mentioned conversion software is an excellent choice to accomplish the task perfectly. It will maintain the data hierarchy, has a user-friendly interface and works with all versions of the Windows operating system.