Articlering! Looking for a solution to import contacts from webmail to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and earlier? But is it not possible to trace the exact same method? If so, fortunately, you’ve come to the right place now. This post is dedicated to providing an error-free way to move email from Webmail to Outlook email client.
Webmail is a web-based email service. When you send or receive messages, you are interacting directly with an online server. With webmail, you can get your email from anywhere in the world on any device. The only rules are web browser and internet connection.
Webmail is an optional feature. You can always use an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird. This application offers several advantages over Webmail. Unlike other email applications, Webmail does not require any configuration. cPanel allows quick and easy access to your data without configuration. Webmail offers three clients, Horde, SquirrelMail and Roundcube. cPanel has discontinued the SquirrelMail client, so in this blog we will only cover the other two clients.
How to Import Contacts from Webmail to Outlook?
MS Outlook accepts only two files, .pst and .csv. Roundcube exports only the contact files in vCard format. vCard (VCF) is the standard contact file for businesses to share contact information.
You can use vCard files with many other email clients and devices. Therefore, it is also a common virtual business card. So first we need to export the Webmail contacts to vCard format and then convert them to PST file to import them into MS Outlook.
How to Transfer contacts from the Horde Client?
Horde supports several file formats, but since you’ll need to import them into Outlook, we’ll stick with the VCF format.
- Log into your web email account. To access the web email directly, visit one of the following links:
IP address of your account: 2096
IP address / webmail account
- You will log into the Webmail interface. Click “Address Book” in the top menu
- Now, click Import / Export in the left pane
- In the Address Book Export section, select vCard As from the drop-down menu
- After that, Choose the address book you want to transfer to your Outlook account
- Click the Export button. Your VCF file will be saved in the default location
- Next, we will cover exporting Roundcube web email contacts to Outlook.
How to Import Contacts from the Roundcube Client?
Compared to Horde, exporting contacts from Roundcube is simpler. Follow the steps below:
- Log into your web email account using the method above
- After logging into your web email account, click “Contacts” in the upper right corner
- Select the address book you want to transfer and click the Export button in the left pane
- Your vCard file has been exported
- Now that you know how to work with standard VCF files, you will learn how to move them in Outlook.
Import Contacts from Webmail to Outlook via Automated Software
Don’t panic anymore, we are going to introduce an effective and efficient solution to transfer webmail contacts to Outlook. The name of the solution is “vCard Importer Software“. It is a standalone platform where customers can easily transfer their webmail contacts to MS Outlook. This utility will save all contact details like email address, full name, phone number, website, business address, home address, etc. following version. This app easily import multiple vCard contacts to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2013, 2007 and all previous versions
Steps to Import Webmail Contacts to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- Download and Install the Software on your any windows Machine
- Now, choose Add file or folder Options
- Now the vCard file is uploaded successfully. You can preview it
- Next, select the type of export namely Existing PST File, New PST File, MS Outlook Profile
- Finally, provide a location to save the file and click the Export button
- Complete! You have successfully completed the task of exporting web email contacts to Outlook.
In this blog, we cover how to import contacts from webmail to Outlook. We also mentioned the different types of webmail clients. You can follow any strategy depending on your application (ie Horde or Roundcube). The software we mention here is one of the best tools available. This ensures that none of your files get corrupted and that your tasks are completed quickly.