QuickBooks Desktop is an accounting solution application famous for its user-friendly structure and multiple built-in features. Also, the multi-user mode of QuickBooks increases an organization’s efficiency and saves time.
But there can be instances when common errors like QuickBooks Error Code 6189 can hinder your performance. So, here we’ll discuss the occurrence of the error and the methods to fix it and avoid it soon.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6189
The QuickBooks Error Code 6189 is a standard error that users face while using the multi-user mode of QuickBooks desktop. It prevents you from using the company file saved on a server computer. However, since the source of the error isn’t related to damage to a company file or corruption, you can access it easily.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6189
There could be multiple reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6189, and the most common ones are:
- You are trying to access the QuickBooks files from a folder without reading/writing permission.
- There are chances that the installation file you used was corrupt.
- Improper or incomplete installation of QuickBooks can also cause this error.
- It’s possible that some other user has already accessed the data you are trying to access now.
- Another user might have logged into the QuickBooks desktop using the single-user mode.
- Corrupt windows, malware/virus, and windows registry errors can also lead to the QuickBooks Error Code 6189.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189
Following are the quickest methods in order to resolve the QuickBooks error message 6189:
Method 1: Fix the issues with QuickBooks Data Files and Application
- Open the QuickBooks app and go to the “Help” tab.
- In the “Help” tab, click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub option.
- A “tool hub” download page will pop up; download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the link.
- Install the tool hub by launching the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the complete process for successfully downloading the tool hub.
- Double-click on the Tools Hub icon on the desktop.
- Switch to the Company file issues tab and click on QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The file doctor will resolve all the issues related to the company file and network setup.
- All the damages in the company file and network issues will be fixed after a few moments.
Method 2: Save Company Files on your computer’s local storage
- Connect the storage device to the system where you have saved the company files.
- Copy all the QuickBooks company files and save them on your desktop.
- Hold the “Ctrl” key and run “QuickBooks” software.
- You’ll see a “No Company Open” window; click on the “Open/Restore” option.
- Select “Browse” and try to select the company file which you want to open.
Solution 3: Fix QuickBooks Application Installation Errors
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool hub program by double-clicking on the icon on the desktop.
- Switch to the “Program Installation Issues” tab and click on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” to repair the installation program of the QuickBooks Program.
- It will take 15-20 minutes to complete the repair, and remember not to avert the process while diagnosing.
- After the repair is complete, try to access the company files you could not open earlier.
Solution 4: Fix the error caused by the QuickBooks (.tlg) transaction log file
- Open the Windows File Explorer or click “This PC/My Computer.”
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Installation Folder, having all the program files.
- Look for the company file with the same name as your company file with a .tlg extension.
- Right-click on the file and “Delete” it.
- Now, run the QuickBooks desktop application, and as you restart, QuickBooks will create a new .tlg file.
- Try to access the company file after following all the steps mentioned above and check whether you are facing the error code 6189 or not.
Wrapping up, you now know everything related to the QuickBooks Error Code 6189, from the trigger points of this error to reliable troubleshooting methods.
We believe you’ll be able to sort out all the problems with the help of the methods suggested by our group of experts. Please contact us or write to the QuickBooks error support Team if you face any difficulties.
Also Read:HOW STUDENTS CHOOSE THEIR MAJOR