Plastic film is a ubiquitous material in today’s packaging industry. These films are lightweight, and versatile, making them an ideal choice for a wide range of packaging applications. These films can be used to wrap delicate items, line boxes, or create bags and pouches. It is also frequently used as a barrier material to protect products from moisture, dust, and other contaminants. Thus, testing the dart of these films is of utmost importance to make sure that your package will withstand free-falling darts. Presto has come up with one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as a dart impact tester which is helpful in measuring the strength of plastic films to withstand the falling dart. The prima model of this testing equipment will come with an electromagnetic dart hold/release mechanism to avoid any type of interference in force exertion.
Every time you use a Presto dart impact tester, it is critical that the specimen should be placed correctly. This testing instrument uses a falling weight to generate the force for the impact, and if the specimen is not positioned correctly, then the results of the test will be inaccurate. With proper care and attention to detail, you can ensure that your dart impact tests are conducted accurately and produce reliable results.
Let’s discuss brief information on the importance of placing the specimen accurately on the dart impact tester. But before that, let us discuss the importance of dart impact tester in the packaging industry. So, let us get started!
Accurately evaluate the impact of the free-falling dart on plastic films with the Presto dart impact tester
Plastic film is a versatile material with a wide range of applications. It is strong and lightweight, making it ideal for packaging and shipping products. Plastic film can also be used for labels and other purposes. Its durability means that it can withstand the rigors of shipping and handling.
This material is also easy to print on, making it ideal for branding and marketing purposes. In addition, plastic film is recyclable, making it a sustainable choice for packaging and other applications. Therefore, manufacturers can easily rely on this testing instrument to make sure that the right products will be delivered to the customers with ease. We at Presto is a leading manufacturer of dart impact tester testing instrument and provide you with high-tech lab testing instruments to accurately deliver products to the customers.
The major force that a plastic film can bear will be the force of a free-falling dart. This free-falling dart will directly impact this plastic film material and damage the material wholly. Thus, by testing your product with a Presto dart impact tester, you can accurately evaluate the testing strength of these plastic films.
Below we have listed the features and technical specifications of this testing equipment.
Features of Presto dart impact tester
The use of plastic film in the packaging material manufacturing industry has become increasingly popular in recent years. Thanks to its durability and flexibility, plastic film can be used for a wide variety of applications. However, before the plastic film can be used in the manufacturing process, it must first be tested for strength. This is essential to ensure that the final product will meet the required standards. Thus by using the Presto dart impact testing instrument you can test the ability of plastic films to withstand the forces of the falling dart. Below we have listed the features of this impact tester for films.
- Electromagnetic hold and release mechanism for the dart to obtain accurate test results.
- User-friendly HMI-based Touchscreen model.
- Drop height adjustment clamp.
- Automatic test through electromagnetic clamping mechanism.
- Inbuilt Digital counter for counting the number of falls during a single test operation.
- Circular annular clamping with pneumatic connection for zero slippage.
- Shielding structure to prevent the dart from falling after the bounce from the specimen.
- Strong base plate with rugged structure
- Pass/Fail criteria can be programmed.
- Method setting for selecting test methods according to standard and performing the test.
- Easy data management. Users can create product identification, user name, magnet hold time, dart weight, percentage failure, etc.
- Automation calculations & results through method setting as per the standard
- USB option for storing test data.
- Data output in data record format,
- History data involves Test Method, Date, Time, Failure Mass, Strength, etc.
- Clamping shield height-adjustable collar.
- The sample holding through pneumatic clamping.
With these features, you can effortlessly conduct a dart impact test using this impact resistance tester. Now, let us focus on the technical specifications of the Presto impact strength tester.
Technical Specifications of Presto impact strength tester
- Release Mechanism: Electromagnetic dart hold/release mechanism
- Inner Diameter of the clamp: 127 mm
- Diameter Of The Dart Head: 38mm, 50mm
- Maximum attainable height of the dart: 1524 mm
- Diameter & Length of Method A dart: 38 mm ± 1 mm & 212.8 mm
- Diameter & Length of Method B dart: 50 mm ±1 mm & 226.5 mm
- Maximum weight holding capacity of Dart holding mechanism: 2 kg
- Dart head Material: Bakelite
- Clamping Unit: Pneumatic Clamping
- Material: Mild Steel Duly Powder Coated
- Display: Touch screen
- Regulated Air Pressure: Up to 5 BARS
- Electrical supply: 15 amp. 220 V ± 5%. Single phase AC
- Power consumption: 1 KW
Role of placing specimen accurately while conducting a dart impact test
It is crucial that the specimen is placed on the inner clamping ring while performing a test, as otherwise, the results would not be accurate. Therefore, it is essential that you always place the specimen in the inner ring and put back the outer clamping ring in its place. After placing the specimen, insert the pipe from the vacuum pump into the vacuum pressure ports and plug the vacuum pump into a 3 pin 5 amp socket.
Whenever you place the specimen, then you should make sure that there should not be any form of wrinkles on the specimen. Adjust the height of the dart to make sure that accurate results will take place. In this way, you can accurately place the specimen while conducting the test. You can easily read brief information on the technical adjustments needed to perform the dart impact test.
If you want to know about dart impact tester price or want to conduct a FREE Sample Testing Session using this lab testing instrument, then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at [email protected]. Our technical expert team will get in touch with you. You can also view our wide range of foil testing instruments that will help to test different aspects of your product to make sure you deliver the right ones.