Amazon SEO is also commonly used to describe Amazon listing optimization. It serves the same purpose as any business search engine.
You want people to search for the product or service you offer. They should click on your URL to view the products, then buy them.
Amazon is an enormous search repository, just like any other search engine. It can provide thousands of search results for common queries.
Just like with regular search engines, the user rarely goes beyond the first page in order to find the right options. Most buyers won’t know your product exists if it doesn’t show up on the first two pages of search results.
The first goal of Amazon SEO is visibility for your product. The second goal is to make sure your product appears relevant for those who visit your product page. The third is to increase conversions on your Amazon product page.
Components of an Amazon product listing page
Every section of your product page can have an impact on the rank it achieves in Amazon search results. This includes product titles and product images. Here are some tips to optimize your Amazon product listing.
1. Optimize Product Title
You will see a heading at each top of every search result when you search Amazon for a product. This heading is known as the product title. The product title is a short description of the product which helps users determine if it meets their needs.
Amazon allows sellers to create product titles that exceed 250 characters. Sellers prefer to limit it to 200 characters as longer titles can have a reduced visibility.
Tips for optimizing Amazon product title
- Your brand name should be used as the product title. This establishes credibility, and builds trust.
- Include 3-4 keywords in your product title. Long-tail keywords are best.
- These keywords should be included within the first 80 characters in the product title. This is crucial for the performance of your product page and its visibility on mobile devices.
- You can provide information about the product’s size, model, color and features depending on its type in your product title.
- You can think like your customer and use the terms they use when searching for products. Then adapt your product description to make it more user-friendly.
2. Optimize Product Images
Amazon allows sellers to upload multiple images to the product page. This is a great way to optimize Amazon.
Image 1 – Main image
This is the image buyers see as they scroll through search results. Here are some tips for optimizing your main product image
- Use a white background.
- If you don’t think the product needs to be shown with a model (e.g. garments), show the product only in the image.
- The image should be at minimum 1000 pixels high. You should ensure that the product image covers at most 85% of your screen.
Image 2, 3, and 4 – For product details
To best display the features of your product, you should use at least three images
If your product is a garment for example, these images can be used to show close-ups of the product’s design and material. To highlight the details in the design, you can take close shots of the gadget.
Image 5, 6, and 7 – To showcase lifestyle pictures
Images of the product in action are shown in lifestyle images so that you can see how it will feel when being used.
3. Optimize Product Features
The product features section is where a user will make a buying decision. You have 1000 characters to convince your user about the product’s unique advantages and why they should purchase it.
Optimize this space for both ranking and conversions to make the most of it. Make sure to include the correct keywords, but also describe what makes this space stand out.
We have a limit on characters so I recommend you use five bullet points each of 200 characters.
- An opening statement that grabs the attention of the user.
- The benefit followed by the feature that facilitates it
- An attribute followed by its benefit
- This is the most frequently asked question a buyer may have. Then, the answer.
- How the product can change the buyer’s lives for the better
4. Optimize Product Description
Amazon’s product description space is similar to the one you see on Instagram and Facebook. This section allows you to be conversational and tell buyers all you know about the product.
Use these 2000 characters wisely to create a compelling product description. After you’ve covered the key features of your product in the previous sections, these are some other things you could include in this area.
- Continue to expand on the benefits/features that you have mentioned in Product Features.
- Tell the story of how your product will change someone’s life with storytelling
- If possible, showcase the top reviews you’ve received from media mentions.
- Offer additional features that might be attractive to the buyer.
This is your chance to use keywords that you can’t use in product titles or features. Don’t be afraid to include secondary keywords. Keyword stuffing can be a problem, as is using promotional language.
How to find the right keywords for Amazon listing optimization
This is the most crucial aspect of any Amazon optimization strategy. How do you find the best keywords to optimize your product listing on Amazon
Amazon is the best way to go. Simply type the product type into the search bar. Amazon will then show you all of the suggestions. These suggestions are simply the terms buyers use to search for a particular product type.
You can also use any of the Amazon keyword research tool to locate the best keywords for your Amazon product listing optimization strategy.
Your keywords should contain the following information about your product, regardless of whether it’s Amazon SEO or eCommerce on any platform:
Brand name. Type of product. Key Features. Size Color. Quantity.
Opportunities to get better results from Amazon listing optimization in 2021
Including videos in your product gallery
Video inclusion in product gallery sections is one of the best ways to optimize your Amazon listing. Videos are still underutilized on Amazon and will make your listing stand out.
A video can demonstrate how the product works and what buyers can expect. It reduces the difference between online and showroom shopping. Video credibility is a bonus that can increase conversion rates.
Creating a brand store on Amazon
You can easily create your own Amazon brand store. Even though it is an indirect optimization strategy, the Amazon brand store can be a great one.
You can create your Amazon seller store page with tons of design templates. You can use a store page to influence buyers with your brand identity, and offer them a wide range of products.
Your brand’s recall value is enhanced by an Amazon brand store. It’s also likely to increase sales if the buyer can see all of your products at once.
Leveraging A+ content on product pages
Amazon’s A+ content is a premium tool you can use to tell your brand story. This is a place for you to elaborate on what you’ve written in the product descriptions or features sections.
It can be used as a miniature version of your website’s homepage. Show your brand’s passion and show off all the rave reviews. Your A+ content will have more images, videos and hard-hitting copy.
This is how you can improve your conversions.
Remember that Amazon ranks products solely based on conversions when you are creating your Amazon optimization strategy. Even if you have all the keywords necessary to rank higher, your ranking will fall if there are high bounce rates on product pages and low conversions.
To increase conversions, pay attention to all sections. Follow the Amazon listing optimization tips.
Read More : Small Business Marketing Strategies to Consider