Lotus Notes and MS Outlook both provide a shared forum for email communication within and outside the organization. Lotus Notes uses the NSF file format and works in conjunction with the Lotus Domino server. MS Outlook uses the PST file format and works in sync with the MS Exchange Server. However, due to the set of advanced features and ease of use. Many users prefer to work in MS Outlook rather than Lotus notes. If a user works in the Lotus Notes area and wants to use MS Outlook features, you need to migrate to the MS Outlook platform. By doing so, the user will be able to access all of his or her Lotus Notes data in MS Outlook. This is a difficult process, as both Lotus Notes and MS Outlook use different file formats. Which are not compatible with each other. For this, the user needs to convert Lotus NSF to Outlook PST.
Why Do Users Need to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016?
Undoubtedly, Lotus Notes is one of the most secure and complete email client applications for large businesses and organizations. Now, what are the unexpected reasons why a Lotus Notes user wants to transfer data to Outlook?
- One of the main reasons may be the complex interaction of Lotus Notes. For this reason, a non-technical user cannot use this application without technical assistance.
- Another feature of the migration is the login function for different accounts. The user does not allow you to open multiple accounts at once rather you need a different login for each account which is time-consuming.
- Outlook is developed by Microsoft and is available free of charge as part of the MS Office suite. Errors with the Outlook program can be handled by a beginner.
- Outlook is synchronized with smart devices and users can easily access their emails anywhere anytime even without a network connection. The MS Outlook user interface seems so simple that a novice user can use it with confidence.
Ways to transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook
These methods will help you to move emails from IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Method 1: Use the Lotus Notes Client –
First, you need to export the emails you want to transfer to Outlook from Lotus Notes. And with that, you can use the Lotus Notes export option that lets you save emails from Lotus Notes to a .CSV file. Later, you can import this CSV file into Outlook and complete the transfer of emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Step 1: Extract emails from Lotus Notes to CSV format
To send emails from Lotus Notes to a .CSV file, follow these instructions:
- Open IBM Lotus Notes and click on Email.
- Then click File> Uninstall Export Wizard opens.
- Select Table Text / Structured Text. This is an .CSV format supported by MS Outlook.
- Click Continue and then click Exit All your emails will be sent to the selected location.
Step 2: Import CSV to Outlook
- Now open Outlook on your system where you want to forward Lotus Notes emails.
- In Outlook go to File> Open & Export> Import / Export Option.
- Select Import to another program or file option and click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values and click Next.
- Then click the ‘Browse’ button and navigate to the location where you saved the CSV file sent from Lotus Notes.
- Select the .csv file and select the email folder where you want to import the emails.
- Click ‘Next‘ and then click.
Method 2: Using the advanced tool
The most common method used to transport data is out of date due to its problems. With people having a better option for moving emails, the manual method is no longer popular. Today, people are using the transport tool to move data to Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019. Here, students will be able to do this activity with the help of the tool to transform NSF into PST.
- Install and launch the NSF to PST Converter application in your system
- Now, add the NSF files you need to convert
- Get a preview of the additional NSF files
- Browse how to save the converted NSF files
- Finally hit the “convert now” button.
Benefits of Using NSF to PST Converter
Below, we have mentioned some of the great benefits of using the NSF to PST converter:
- The tool guarantees 100% file conversion and enables its users to convert NSF files into various file formats such as PST, PDF, HTML, MSG, EML, EMLX, Zimbra, vCard, Office 365, Exchange Server, etc. can purchase this software and convert NSF files into different file formats depending on their need.
- The software includes a ‘Batch Conversion’ option that allows its users to select multiple NSF files at once and save users time. This functional feature makes all conversions a quick process.
- Another advantage of using the NSF to PST converter is that it allows you to test the tool for free. You can convert up to 30 files and see if the product complies with your requirements without having to pay a dime.
- The software allows its users to select the folder they want and not waste their time extracting the entire NSF mailbox. Users can use the ‘Select’ feature and select the folders they wish to convert to the desired file format.
- Another advantage of using the NSF to PST converter is that it allows users to select files within a specific date range using the ‘Message Filter’ feature. This feature makes it easy for users to select specific files.
Users must try this advanced NSF to PST Converter tool for easy conversion of the Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST format. Files are kept safe and secure using this advanced application. A free demo version is provided for the users to know more about the tool.