An offline storage table, often known as an OST file, is an offline Data File used by Microsoft Exchange Server. Users can convert an OST file to a PST file using a variety of methods. Users will be able to work with their selected databases via the Microsoft server even if the mail server is unavailable.
When compared to OST files, it can be claimed that PST files are more suitable and compatible. This is because the PST file may be opened using the Microsoft Outlook application, whereas the OST file does not meet this condition. The fact that MS Outlook stores MS Exchange mailbox data in OST file format in offline mode is well known (Enabled Cached Exchange).
The OST files include comprehensive mailbox data in an organized fashion, including emails, notes, calendars, contacts, and journals. When an administrator makes changes to a user’s profile, Exchange Server crashes, or an email account is removed in any way, the OST file is affected and cannot be accessed in MS Outlook. There is now a major issue while launching MS Outlook to access the inbox. In this situation, the user must convert an OST file to a PST file, which can then be readily imported into Outlook. You can quickly view MS Exchange OST file data in MS Outlook after converting OST to PST using the perfect way.
3 Ways to Convert an OST File to a PST File Manually
So now we’ll talk about the finest free techniques to convert OST files to a PST file. Remember that you’ll need an MS Outlook application for all three manual approaches. It is not required that the OST to PST Conversion is just applicable for OST file corruption situations; after importing in PST, the user can use healthy MS Exchange OST file data in any other Outlook. If users have a healthy OST file, they may quickly convert OST to PST using a few simple (and completely free) methods.
The First Method is to use Exchange Mailbox Export and Import.
- The most crucial thing to remember is that MS Outlook must be installed.
- Then, open MS Outlook and navigate to the File menu, where you’ll find the “Import and Export” option.
- When the Import and Export Wizard appears, the user must select the ‘Export to a file’ option before pressing the Next button.
- To continue, pick the primary Outlook Data File (.PST) and then click the Next option.
- After that, simply choose the mailbox folder you wish to export to PST from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click the Finish button after browsing and selecting the folder where you wish to save the new PST file.
The second option is the Drag-and-Drop Method
- As with the prior procedure, MS Outlook installation is required here as well.
- To begin, the user must create a new PST file in his or her Outlook profile.
- After that, select the items from your inbox that you want to export to PST Free and drag them into the freshly created PST file.
The third option is to use the Microsoft Outlook Archive feature.
- Go to the file and click Options in the MS Outlook application.
- After that, select Auto-archive settings from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, navigate to the storage area where the archived file will be saved.
- After that, press the Finish button.
Also, take a look at the following articles:
- Export Exchange Mailbox to PST for Free
- In Outlook, how can I open an OST file?
So, we’ve gone over the three methods for converting OST to PST for free. However, as you may be aware, manual approaches have numerous flaws. The biggest issue is that the installation of MS Outlook is required. The second point is that there is a considerable risk of data loss or server errors.
As a result, customers will need to use third-party software to Convert OST Files to PST.
OST to PST Converter Software to Convert an OST File to a PST File
The SysTools Software examines the OST file for flaws and fixes them so that it may be used by users. Users can also convert OST emails to PST, EML, MBOX, HTML, MSG, and Office 365 using this Outlook OST File to PST Converter Software. This Free trial version OST to PST Converter Software also has the ability to convert specific OST folders to Outlook PST files, which saves a lot of time.
It allows the user to divide a recovered PST file into smaller PST files. Converts an encrypted OST file to an Outlook PST file. Individual email messages within OST files can be searched for and converted on a per-message basis. Provides the ability to save the converted emails in the following formats: MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, or PDF. Provides a free preview of emails and calendars before converting them to PDF. Free OST to PST conversion for up to 25 emails per folder with this tool. Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002 (XP), and 2000 are all supported.
The SysTools OST to PST Converter assists customers in resolving a wide range of significant Outlook issues that are caused by a corrupted OST file, among other things. Additionally, the Tech version of the software allows you to conduct other Outlook-related tasks such as converting OST files to Office 365 and splitting/compressing huge PST files, among other things.
We described two free techniques for converting OST to PST files in the last blog. On the one hand, there is a manual method with numerous flaws and limits. The manual technique takes a long time and does not allow you to transfer the complete database to an OST file. Even for beginners, the conversion process is too complex to complete. So there you have it! With SysTools OST to PST converter, converting OST to PST is as simple as that. Instead of wasting time with ineffective manual approaches, trust our product the next time you need to directly access your OST mailbox data without Exchange or need to extract mailbox contents from a corrupted OST file.
And using the third-party SysTools OST to PST converter is advantageous in every way. It has the ability to convert many OST files at once. Any non-skilled or skilled individual can use this software to open an OST file without using Outlook.
related page: article for this website