What exactly is tile roofing?
For property owners looking for the longest life out of their roof, tile roofing is one of the most beautiful and most popular roof options. When properly installed, some tile roofs can even last for 100 years or more.
So, what exactly is a tile roof?
On a sloped roof, a tile roofing system is made up of overlapping roof tiles that are securely attached to a solid substrate or roof deck. Tile roofing is a highly specialised area of roofing and it necessitates the use of a contractor who is familiar with working with and installing roof tiles of various materials and shapes. Tile roofs are used on a wide range of residential, commercial, and historical structures, including restaurants, resorts, and churches.
To begin, let’s look at the most common roof tile types, beginning with the materials used to make it.
- Roof Tiles Made of Clay:
Clay roof tiles are one of the oldest types of roofing materials, having been manufactured hundreds of years ago. Clay has a high degree of moldability, colour options, and colour retention. Traditionally, clay tile roofs were orange or red.
- Concrete Roof Tiles:
Concrete tiles, also known as cement roofing tiles, are made of portland cement, sand, water, and occasionally various dyes for colour). Concrete tiles are factory-moulded into different shapes and textures. They are extremely resistant to wind and hail damage to the roof. When comparing clay roof tiles vs. concrete roof tiles, it’s important to remember that clay roof tiles last longer than concrete. Traditionally, clay tile roofs were orange or red.
- Slate Roof Tiles:
Slate roof tiles are traditionally made from rock. Because of their natural appearance, durability, and longevity, slate tile roofs are popular. Slate roof tiles are available in different colours and textures. Colours vary according to mineral content. The colours of slate tiles can range from black to grey to purple to red to rust. Because slate’s appearance is so popular, many clays or synthetic roof tile options mimic its shape and texture.
- Composite Roof Tiles:
Composite roof tiles are made of plastics and other environmentally friendly materials. Composite roofing materials may be a viable alternative to asphalt shingles. Because they are lighter than clay or concrete, some tile roofing installers prefer them. Composite or plastic roof tiles come in a variety of colours and shapes, the most common of which are imitation slate, cedar shake, and Spanish tile.
- Solar Roof Tiles:
These tiles are a relatively new concept. While flat solar panels have been installed on rooftops for decades, integrated solar shingles or solar tiles are a relatively new addition to the market.
Along with roof tiles, people seem to focus on the aesthetics of the balcony area as well. A proper aesthetic is created only when the tiling is of the right colour and the right choice; one that matches the overall aura of the house. AGL’s range of Eco Blanco is the best option for outdoor/balcony flooring. It adds aesthetic value to the overall interior and exterior of the house. Below mentioned are a few points in which we have reasoned out why you should choose these tiles for your balcony area.
Benefits of Eco Blanco White Tiles by AGL
AGL’s Eco Blanco white tiles have a high SRI (Solar Reflective Index), making them one of the best roofing flooring options, especially in the summer.
- Rejects Sun’s Heat: AGL Instead of absorbing solar heat, Eco Blanco tiles reflect and emit it. It also returns absorbed radiation to the atmosphere. These tiles are best suited to the Indian climate, particularly in the summer. The inside temperature of your room is kept cooler by reflecting back the heat of the sun. Install it right away to reduce the temperature by 4 to 5 degrees Celsius.
- Effective in Saving Electricity: Electricity bills are higher than ever during the summer. We frequently use methods to stay cool, such as air conditioners, fans, and coolers, to escape the heat. As a result, our overall budget is being drained by electricity bills. Installing a tile on your roof is the most cost-effective way to eliminate summer heat. AGL Eco Blanco tiles are the best. It reflects the sun’s heat, which reduces heat conduction inside your room, making it cooler.
- Anti-skid: Accidents can occur as a result of unsafe or slippery floor tiles. As a result, it is recommended that you obtain anti-slip floor tiles for your home’s safety. AGL Eco Blanco rooftiles are non-slip, long-lasting, and durable. They are one of the best roofing flooring options and can be used in both dry and greasy areas.
- Anti-Bacteria: AGL Eco Blanco tiles are ideal for areas where cleanliness and hygiene are of the utmost importance. It inhibits the growth of algae and fungi within it. Furthermore, it is non-porous in nature, which prevents moisture absorption, which causes cracks.
- Stain Resistant: In addition to their appealing aesthetics, AGL floor and wall tiles are known for their high hygiene properties. AGL Eco Blanco vitrified tiles are simple to install and can be easily kept clean. They are not only long-lasting and durable, but they also have the non-stain quality of vitrified tiles. Furthermore, they have very low porosity, making them stain resistant.
Choose AGL Eco Blanco tile for smart solutions and a beautiful way of life!