Undoubtedly, QuickBooks has frequently been using accounting software for several years! Despite online alternatives, QuickBooks desktop provides tailor-made features for different industries. However, as every coin has two phases, QuickBooks also struggles with its downside as several errors occur at various software stages. So, this blog will discuss QuickBooks error code 3371, its causes & symptoms, and methods to fix this error instantly.
What is QuickBooks error 3371, its causes, and symptoms to identify it?
The QuickBooks error message 3371 is a pop-up error that occurs when QuickBooks cannot load the license data. While installing the running software, these errors appear with three different codes: 3371, status code 111118, and -1.
Although all three codes appear for generic reasons, users still need to diagnose the specific cause of failure. So, let’s read some of the causes for the error occurrence:
- QuickBooks files such as qbregistration.dat are not accessible to the user or are damaged.
- The user is unable to execute the Microsoft MSXML file.
- The license information is not retrieved or validated.
Qbregistration.dat is the file that includes everything about the QuickBooks license and is generated with the license and product number submitted by the user.
Let’s know drive to the specific symptoms you may observe encountering QuickBooks error code 3371 or one of its variants:
- The error code (any) will appear with the generic reason.
- Users won’t be able to access the company’s files and data.
- Users may experience a lag in inputs provided by a mouse or a keyboard.
- Also, in some extreme scenarios, users may witness system crashes.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Message 3371
The following are the practical methods the user can prefer to rectify QuickBooks Error 3371.
Step 1: Update Windows
If the windows are outdated, QBDT installation might fail or get damaged. To ensure that you are using the updated version, follow these steps:
- First, click on the Windows Icon on QBDT.
- Next, select All Programs and then click Windows Update.
- After installing the required updates, reinstall QuickBooks.
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, Run 3371 Fix Error
- First, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- Now open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
- After installing it successfully, open the Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon on the Windows Desktop.
- When the QuickBooks Tool Hub windows open, select the Installation Issue Next, pressure ok on the Installation Issue screen, click 3371 Error Fix and click ok.
- Now start QBDT and try to open your file.
NOTE: Make sure to close the QuickBooks Program before performing these steps.
Step 3: Delete and Recreate Damaged Entitled File Manually
- Press the Windows+R keys together to launch the Run Window.
- On the Run Window, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8 and then press the Enter key.
- The above step will now open the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Right-click on the ecml file and delete it.
- Click on Yes when it asks for your confirmation to delete the file.
- Now open QuickBooks and run the company file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to re-register the QB program.
Step 4: Perform Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
Clean installation and install QuickBooks desktop to resolve the problem. If it cannot fix the error, your Windows operating system will likely be damaged. If you face a similar problem, contact an IT professional or Microsoft to resolve it.
An Alternative Solution to fix error 3371 instantly
The blog covers every aspect of QuickBooks error code 3371, you can find the cause and methods to troubleshoot your error.
Some QuickBooks errors are challenging to diagnose, although the abovementioned methods are proven and tested. Still, sometimes the standard steps fail to yield results. So, what next? With installation errors like 3371, it is hard to pinpoint the exact cause and treatment.
In such a scenario, our certified QuickBooks error support technical experts may become your right helping hand via phone, chat, and email. You may contact the customer support line i.e., +1-800-615-2347 to discuss everything related to QB errors.