Canned motor pumps are a type of pump that uses an electrically powered motor to drive a sealed, hermetically-sealed pump. The name canned motor comes from the fact that the motor is enclosed within a can or housing that is filled with a dielectric fluid. This fluid provides cooling and lubrication for the moving parts of the pump, as well as sealing the motor from the outside environment.
Canned motor pumps are used in a variety of applications where it is important to keep the liquid being pumped away from the atmosphere. This includes applications such as food and beverage processing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and chemical processing. Canned motor pumps are also used in many types of oil and gas production, including offshore oil production.
Canned motor pumps are available in a variety of different designs, depending on the specific needs of the application. Some canned motor pumps are designed for use with highly corrosive liquids, while others are designed for fluids that are not as corrosive. There are also pumps that are designed for high-pressure applications, and those that are designed for low-pressure applications.
When choosing a canned motor pump, it is important to select one that is appropriate for the specific application. In addition, it is important to select a pump that is durable and will provide years of trouble-free operation.
The different types of canned pumps
Different types of canned pumps are available on the market today. Each has its own pros and cons. The most popular type of canned pump is the diaphragm pump. Diaphragm pumps are simple in design and construction, and they are easy to operate. However, they are not as efficient as other types of canned pumps.
Another popular type of canned pump is the piston pump. Piston pumps are more efficient than diaphragm pumps, but they are more complex in design and construction.
The third type of canned pump is the gear pump. Gear pumps are very efficient, but they are also very complex in design and construction. They can also be expensive to buy and maintain.
Which type of canned pump is right for you depends on your specific needs. If you need a pump that is simple to operate and does not require a lot of maintenance, a diaphragm pump may be the best choice. On the condition that you need a more efficient pump, a piston pump may be the better choice. If you need the most efficient pump available, a gear pump may be the best choice.
Advantages of using canned pumps
When it comes to choosing a pump for your needs, there are several factors to consider. But one of the most important is whether to go with a canned or non-canned pump. Canned pumps have some big advantages over their non-canned counterparts.
- Canned pumps are hermetically sealed.
This means that they’re completely sealed off from the outside environment, which protects the pump from contamination. Non-canned pumps, on the other hand, are not sealed and can be exposed to contaminants like dust and dirt.
- Canned pumps are much more efficient than non-canned pumps.
They don’t have any moving parts that can wear out or break down, so they can run for longer periods of time without needing to be serviced. And since they’re more efficient, they use less energy, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Canned pumps are much quieter than non-canned pumps.
The hermetic seal prevents any noise from escaping, so you won’t have to worry about your pump being too loud for your home or office.
- Canned pumps are easier to install and maintain than non-canned pumps.
They don’t require any special tools or knowledge to install, and they can be easily maintained with just a few minutes of your time each month.
Overall, canned pumps offer a number of advantages over their non-canned counterparts. If you’re looking for a pump that will be more efficient, last longer, and be easier to install and maintain, a canned pump is a great option.
Specifications of canned motor pumps:
- Pump type: hermetically sealed, canned motor
- Suction connection: flanged or threaded
- Delivery connection: flanged or threaded
- Capacity: up to 300 m³/h (1,322 GPM)
- Pressure: up the 25-bar mark (363 psi)
- Temperature range: -20°C to 200°C (-4°F to 392°F)
- Material of construction: stainless steel, duplex stainless steel, Hastelloy®, titanium, and other special alloys
- Seal options: mechanical seals, gland packing
- Bearings: roller bearings, sleeve bearings
Advantages of canned motor pumps:
- Can operate in hostile environments
- High efficiency
- Very reliable
- Long service life
Benefits of using a canned pump include:
- Improved sealing performance due to the pressurized fluid
- Flexible design that can be customized for specific applications
- Ability to handle fluids of different viscosities and temperatures
- Reduced maintenance and downtime due to the sealed design
Applications of canned motor pumps:
- Chemical processing
- Petroleum refining
- Power generation
- Food and beverage processing
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Biotechnology manufacturing
Canned motor pumps offer many advantages over other types of pumps, making them the preferred choice for many applications. Their high efficiency and long service life make them a wise investment, while their ability to operate in hostile environments makes them an ideal choice for many industries.
How to maintain your canned pump?
Canned pumps are a type of pump that is commonly used in the food and beverage industry. They are often used to pump out products such as ketchup, tomato sauce, and other viscous liquids. Canned pumps can be made from stainless steel or other materials, and they usually have a piston inside that helps to move the product through the pump.
Canned pumps require regular maintenance in order to keep them working properly. Here are some tips on how to maintain your canned pump:
- Make sure to clean the pump regularly. This will help to prevent the buildup of product inside the pump and will also help to extend the life of the pump.
- Inspect the canned pump regularly for any signs of wear or damage. If you notice any problems, make sure to repair or replace the pump as soon as possible.
- Lubricate the pump regularly with food-grade lubricant. This will help to keep the piston moving smoothly and will also help to prevent rusting.
- Store the pump in a cool, dry place when not in use. This will help to prevent the pump from becoming damaged or degraded over time.
following these simple tips will help to ensure that your canned pump lasts for many years. If you have any questions about pump maintenance, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
Best Manufacturers of canned motor pumps
F.N Engineering is a leading manufacturer of canned motor pumps. Our pumps are used in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, chemical processing, power generation, and more. We have a wide range of pumps to choose from, and our team can help you select the right pump for your application. Contact our company today to learn more about our products and services.
If you’re looking for a reliable and efficient canned motor pump, look no further than F.N Engineering. Our pumps are designed for a variety of industries and applications, and our team can help you select the right pump for your needs. If you have any questions about installation, please consult your pump’s manual or contact a qualified technician for assistance.