When your QuickBooks is not able to connect with a server at a remote location and also unable to open the company file due to improper hosting configuration settings, QuickBooks Error H202 happens.
QuickBooks error H202 occurs when a person is trying to switch user mode from single to multi-user mode. It is the reason behind your QuickBooks not being able to connect with a server, which ends up in blockage of the Server that has all the company’s files stored in it.
QuickBooks error H202 happens due to various reasons:
- One of the major reasons behind QuickBooks Errors H202 is the incorrect hosting configuration setting.
- Another main cause behind the error can be your Multi-user network being blocked.
- Blocking in the outgoing and incoming Server due to blockage in the QuickBooks File setting can be another reason.
- Or QuickBooks services being disabled.
- If there is an error in the DNS setting.
- The presence of a Firewall or any other security software in the server computer can block incoming and outgoing communication.
- Suppose there is any damage or corruption in.ND files configuration.
- If your host QuickBooks desktop doesn’t have the IP address of the Server.
- If the QuickBooks services are not established. (example of QuickBooks services QuickBooksQBCF / DBXX)
How to Identify the QuickBooks error?
To identify the QuickBooks error H202, check the following list on your Desktop:
- If you are not able to switch to multi-user mode.
- If your Desktop stops responding.
- You are not able to open a company file on some other computer.
- If the windows shut down by themselves. This happens to prevent damage to your computer.
- Your screen becomes blurred.
- If QuickBooks freezes, stops, or slows down with time.
- If the QuickBooks error message appears on your screen.
- A few of your tabs in QuickBooks stop working.
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error H202.
Solution 1: Connect your Server from a workstation
If you are facing QuickBooks error H202 in your device, it may be because of your Firewall problem. The user must connect the Server from each Workstation where Fix QuickBooks error H202!
Note: Always keep in mind that the time taken for the scan of all the corrupted QuickBooks folders should be more than 5 minutes anyhow.
How to do so?
- Open the server computer and Workstation.
- Then Go to the Window Start Menu.
- After that, Go to the search panel.
- Then, type down your Network.
- After that, select the Network and Sharing Center.
- Then Click on Change advanced sharing settings.
- Go to the Network Discovery and File and Printer sharing tab.
- And select Turn On Network Discovery.
After completing the above procedure, Pick your server name from the Server.
- Go to the Server.
- Then open the Window Start menu.
- Along with that, write down Run in the search box to access the Run window.
- Enter CMD in the Run Window.
- Then press the Enter button.
- After that, in the command window, write down “ipconfig/all”, Then Hit the Enter button.
- There, search the Host Name in the Window IP Configuration section.
- The server name will be on the right side of the window.
- Write down the hostname, or copy them to your notepad or Word documents.
At last, examine your network connectivity by following the given steps.
- Go to the Run Window.
- There, Fill in the CMD, and click on Ok.
- Try to connect your Server, and enter the Ping server name.
- After that, Hit the Enter button.
- Do the same with each system, showing errors.
- If there is any issue with the Network, try to work on it, to fix it!
Solution 2: Install and run QuickBooks File Doctor
Another great way to fix the QuickBooks h202 error is the installation of QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Open any of your Browsers, and go to the official website of Intuit.
- Then search for the official download link of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Click on it to Download, and try to save it a position, it’s easier for you to find.
- Once you are done with installation, Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, Open the tool hub, and go to the company file issues tab.
- After that, select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Then pick the Company file or choose the Browser option.
- Tap on continue.
- After which, you have to provide QuickBooks admin Password.
- Then click on Next.
- The scan will start from there.
- Once you know about the problem happening, restart your device.
Note: If you already have a previous version of File Doctor on your computer system., you have to update it to remove the error.
Solution 3: Confirm the QuickBooks Hosting.
- Open the QuickBooks hosting system.
- There, choose a“File” and then hit on “Utilities”.
- Thereafter, check the list of “Host Multi-User”, to use it.
- The computer is not the one hosting the file, go to the next system.
- But if the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access“ option appears on your screen, click on it.
- At last, verify the company file to be closed, Hit the “Yes” option.
- Note: Don’t make any changes to your Workstation.
Solution 4: Confirm the QuickBooks Services.
1. To verify the “QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitor” services and to start them, follow these steps.
- Hit the “Start” Button.
- After that, Click the “Windows + R” keys to continue the program.
- In the running dialog box, write down “MSC”, and then hit the Enter key.
2. In the service window, scroll down to the QuickBooks DBXX service.
3. If the QuickBooksDBXX service is not present, then :
- Install it on your Server with the help of Database Server Manager.
- Now, open QuickBooks and see if the Verified hosting server is enabled or not, after that Run your full program on the Server.
4. Then open the “QuickBooksDBXX” service to verify the startup type & the status of the services.
5. After that, click on the Recovery Option.
6. In case of failure, open your system and restart it so that “QuickBooksDBXX” services get restarted on their own.
Note: The same will be done in the case of a second failure.
7. Now, to Save all the changes you have made, hit the Apply button.
8. At last, on each of your Workstations, start your QuickBooks station in Multi-user mode again.
Solution 5: Add Server to the Window Host File
You can work on the error by adding Server to your window host file
- First, Close the QuickBooks Software.
- Now go to C drive, followed by Windows>System32>Drivers>Etc or Windows>Syswow64>Drivers>Etc.
- Then go to the Host’s file.
- Choose the Notepad, and specify the following requirements, as per need.
- Server IP: Name of the computer and its IP.
- Computer: Name of the computer Along with the Server’s IP.
- To provide the space, use the Tab button.
- Use the software in multi-user mode.
- At last, verify the issue.
Solution 6: System Firewall Configuration
System Firewall Configuration is another great way to fix the QuickBooks error h202.
- Initially, Go to the Firewall settings.
- Make exceptions there.
- Then make changes in the firewall preference and permission according to your need.
- Open all the computers at the same time along with the QuickBooks software.
- Go to the File menu.
- And then there, switch to multi-user mode.
Solution 7: Generate a New Folder For the QuickBook Files.
Forwarding the QuickBooks file to a new folder is another way to fix QuickBooks error H202.
- You have to create a new folder on the server computer first.
- Give permission to the new folder to share QuickBooks company files in it.
- Copy and paste the QuickBooks File to the new folder.
- To check if the h202 error is solved, open your file in the multi-user mode again.
If, after following all these, you are still facing the QuickBooks H202 error, then you can contact QuickBooks customer care, but the process from their side is a bit slow. So instead, contact us at https://accountingwhizz.com/, and get your solution from professional experts.